Thursday, May 9, 2013

Week Seven BOC: Visit a Retailer

How do retailers convey their brand image through their retail stores? Visit a retail store and observe its atmospherics, store, marketing, fixtures, customer service, and sales associates. Does the retailer convey a specific brand image to the customer? What is it? Is a story being told? How does the store space influence your opinions about the products being sold?



I visited my workplace Louis Vuitton at Crystals City Center. They categorize their products by menswear, womenswear, leather goods, and their jewelry. They always maintain their same concept of design but they also like to have an influence on their target market depending on their store location. They have excellent customer service and always try to engage an a own personal experience with their customers. What I have learned from working their is that they have a lot of influence on art and craftsmanship and they convey it in their products as well. They like to have a personal connection with their customers and build a relationship. Their products are sorted out by season and category but they are not all mounted on the floor. They create space so each individual piece has its own space and can visually be enjoyed.
I also visited a retail store at my local mall it was the Forever 21 at the Galleria mall. I noticed that it was small compared to other Forever 21's. They did not have a lot of products. Their accessories were located in the center of the store next to the cash register which I think is always a good idea, they also had all these small products formed as the line for the cash register. I actually prefer this store location rather than other ones because having so many clothing racks can get overwhelming and messy. Usually when I ask for a certain style or clothing I like I'll ask for more and the sales associate have no idea where they are or cannot find more. This location was rather organized and clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment